... is not a happy post.
Peers have made it clear that you are the role model in the management. That being said, you are being looked up by many people. Your actions are being watched, constantly. Hence you should avoid acting in ways tarnishing the department's reputation.
They have also stated that as a manager, you should not let your emotions cloud your judgement. By bringing personal issues to work impacts your leadership and affecting other colleagues at work.
You are too lenient hence people take advantage of you constantly. Please set the right example as a leader.
It isn't helping if you do not display the right motivation at work. Your people will follow what a leader does.
It is apparent you are close to few groups of people while you maintain a distance to the rest of people. Your attitude changes when you interact with a different crowd. You should get yourself out of the box, see things and listen to views of different perspectives.
What's the point of coming to work when you are not well? You are not performing for the day. Don't waste your time here.
If you are in any difficult situations, be it personal or work related, please speak up and open your mouth. You won't get help if you don't ask for it. In the end, you will only be ineffective.
From,
Peers and bosses
Dear peers and bosses
I am aware that I am not the kind of leader we need at this time. At the same time, I know very well that I will not live longer than any of you in this room. Given a choice, I would not want to waste my remaining 5 years becoming someone whom I am not.
I am sick. At the least I feel that you all should appreciate me for coming to work everyday for 8 years.
I complain. At the least I still complete all the ridiculous amount of work, before they due.
I am a man of no words. I don't express myself openly in forums like this. When I do, my words aren't nice to ears.
You all won't see much changes in me because I choose to be myself at work. That makes me happier for my remaining life.
If I don't fit in this role as you expected, I am happy to move. Look around and see yourselves. How many are raising your hands to take over my role?
Of course, at any point of time you want to take over my team, please let me know. I am waiting.
From,
Xian
The day you leave for greener pastures will be the day they take over.
ReplyDeleteI am actively looking for job. They know. I might stay if they replace me though.
DeleteXian